Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 2 (or is it 4?) Sine of the times

Second Day  - Only a couple more to go, and things got.. interesting


At the start of this week I wanted to work on my understanding of sine, and how to make it work for me. More specifically I did not want the random spawning I had in my GISHWHES project, or Lesmilks week 2 project. I wanted patterns, I wanted wings of fighters to swoop down laying out a pattern of fire, and giving more of a challenge to the player.

It's taken all day, and part of yesterday, but I think I have it figured out. My plan is to lay out enemies in a designated time with specific variables to create these patterns. I've done it, and it looks cool. However the work accomplish this for more than a handful of waves is kind of off-putting. It works, so I will take it.

I ran in to some trouble when it comes to dropping power-ups at random. I wanted to be able to kill a guy, randomly pick if it drops anything than randomly decide if it drops health, or power. I have not found a way to do this, or at least, I have not found a way that makes sense to me so that will have to wait for another day. My plan is to just randomly drop power ups and let the player catch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment