It's done!! Click this >> Link
I admit, Friday I did nothing, Saturday, I did more nothing. I honestly was fairly satisfied with what I had. My whole goal with AGAW is to learn the tool I have, and become familiar enough to be able to put out the simple stuff in a quick way.
With those goals in mind, I rallied a little Sunday and added a couple of features, and cleaned up some other things making the game more playable.
I wanted to add a point multiplier, or possibly some other feature if a ball is caught and thrown back, I just did not have the time.
What Went Right;
- The balls bounce off each other.
- The player can catch a ball, and use it to deflect incoming balls while multiplying the score earned.
- The player can throw the ball as well.
- Gave the avatar a face, so you know which way you are facing so you can catch the ball.
There are a couple things that did not go so well.
What Went Wrong:
- 8-direction facing is beyond me this week, you can move in 8 directions, just not face that way. I should probably look up the logic for that I'm sure I'm just doing it in a way that does not allow for 8-directions.
- Hit detection was good, catching.. was a little sloppy I think. If I had figured out the above 8 way direction it may have been easier to block balls, pretty much anything coming at those 45 degree wedges are probably going to hit the player.