Thursday, March 27, 2014

Prelude

This is my first post as it relates to Glamborous Games. Gotta start that branding early.

Ever since I heard of it, I've had it in my head to make a game a week. Nothing amazing, more like learning to crawl before I walk and what have you. I've used Construct 2 (free edition) in the past to create this masterpiece

That was 7 day's worth of work, with only a little polish at the end to make it user friendly. Early use of some of the samples that comes with the software, along with Google skills, and cunning on my part allowed me to build the game. Art from a friend, and copyright-free music allowed me to make something silly, and fun, and most importantly, COMPLETE!

I look online, and I see all these fun indy web games, and I even look on Scirra's Arcade, and I want to learn how to do it all. Really push the limit.

Inspired by that, and the Game Jam's I see all over the place. I want to see if I can make something that I would want to play in only 7 days. I want to be able to build from scratch, the things I've already made. I want to learn the in's and out's of Construct 2, not so I can build fun little browser games, but so I can prototype the games I want to make, and understand how to accomplish that in Unity, UDK, or even the more proprietary stuff I want to eat up the user-unfriendly parts, and spit out something wholly unique.

All I need now is a guide, funny enough there is none. You never know what you don't know, and I needed a guide to at least face me in the right direction.

Google comes through again, apparently I'm not the first one to want to do this as a training exercise. So I will begin with the games build over at Lessmilk

My plan is to recreate the projects that have been released on the page. One a week. I believe that I will get through the first few with retaliative ease. I'm excited to see where I can go!

The Plan:


  • Week1: 360 Dodgeball
  • Week2: SPRSINVRDERS
  • Week3: Zee Bawks Jump
  • Week4: Dodging Stomping and Coins


No comments:

Post a Comment